How much money did the boss baby make

how much money did the boss baby make

Jun 18, Retrieved November 18, Top 25 Highest-Grossing Movies of May 22, Apr 25, It may be about a baby all right, but that hardly excuses why it has to resort to the attention span of one.

Special Feature

The parallel was clear. Well, in an interview with The Huffington Post over the phone how much money did the boss baby make Thursday, Frazee admitted the comparisons make a lot of sense:. Damon had seen the book and was interested in optioning it for a possible feature-length animated movie, which was incredibly exciting. Although it was tempered by what I knew, which was that many books are optioned and they never actually get made into movies. So I was cautiously excited, I guess. I was lucky enough to see the film in certain phases of its process over all these years, because DreamWorks has been very generous in inviting me to the studio to see things at various points. I saw it finished finished at the wrap party probably two weeks before it was released.

Movies in Theaters

how much money did the boss baby make
Earlier this week, when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences revealed their Oscar nominations , there were a few clear surprises. But the real surprise was in best animated feature, where The Boss Baby was nominated alongside movies like Coco and Ferdinand. But after the flight, I watched it again. Then two more times. I was on a book tour at the time, and while I traveled from empty hotel room to empty hotel room, The Boss Baby was a constant companion. The Boss Baby.

Contribute to This Page

The parallel was clear. Well, in an interview with The Huffington Post over the phone on Thursday, Frazee admitted the comparisons make a lot of sense:. Damon had seen the book and was interested in optioning it for a possible feature-length animated movie, which thf incredibly exciting. Although it was tempered by what I knew, which was that many books are optioned and they never actually get made into movies.

So I was cautiously excited, I guess. I was lucky enough to see the film in certain phases of its process over all these years, because DreamWorks has been very generous in inviting me to the studio to see things at various points. I saw it finished finished at the wrap party probably two kuch before it was released.

I was just so blown away. The difference between it being almost finished to being finished was huge. It just came how much money did the boss baby make in a way that was so much tighter, with the music.

Did you ever imagine, while writing the book, that it would one day become the No. I could not have imagined. And not only that, but the synchronicity of the fact that, you know, where we are in terms of politics. Were you at all surprised by these comparisons between Boss Baby and Trump? Does it make sense to you? In a strange way, yes, it does make sense to me. Saying that, it was completely surprising. Absolutely surprising. Mainly because it was funnier.

In order to riff on them, there has to be some sort of buy-in, that this is an absurd character. And so when I first started doing the sketches, I had the book cover looking like a vintage TV screen, and I had Boss Baby walking into his house for the first time with a TV jingle kind of going on.

There was a sort of artifice about the world it was set in. When Alec Baldwin started to be all over the place with his impression of Trump, it did seem like there were going to be all these connections that would mkae.

And they have. I believe it was Vulture who came down definitively on the comparison. Then, juch my youngest son was 15, he wanted a kitten for Christmas. So we went ahead and we got this little kitten. We had no idea what cats were capable of. The kitten was adorable, but it was pooping under our bed and under our Christmas tree and in the fireplace. You should have seen what it was like when you guys were babies. Trust me. They become the boss of you.

They just come in and maoe. So that feeling, somehow, watching [my son] experience it was a really instructive thing for me to see and channel. I wanted it to be funny, and funny books are hard. When I started, I had too many characters. There were friends and relatives who the baby had as part-time employees, there was a dog the baby fired. There was. And I had to take a lot of that. So to get some distance as him as a real baby and focus on him more as a crazy boss, that was a line that was a little tough to.

What was it like, in turn, seeing this pared-down story turned into a feature-length film? A lot of them are there, and that has been interesting. I knew from the very beginning that this page picture book being turned into a feature-length film was going to be a very different animal. It just is. Kake the film, I was amazed by how a lot of the lines that are narrated by Toby Maguire as adult Tim Templeton are almost verbatim the text of the book.

So it sets up the film and the memory almost line for line. Once we learn how to read words, we sort of lose that ability to read the picture narrative as expertly as we.

When you started out as an illustrator and author, were you influenced by any artists or writers who came before you? So. One of the books that made me want to grow up and do this was Where the Wild Things Are.

I found it to be one of the most miraculous, magical things I had makr seen. She was such a quirky, specific child, so much hkw that I wanted to be. I wished she was me and I was. I felt so attached to. Later, when I went to school and took art classes, and eventually went to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena and studied illustration, I would always think about the way baaby drew her, which was so specific and detailed and so full of life.

US Edition U. News U. HuffPost Personal Video Horoscopes. Newsletters Coupons. Terms Privacy Policy. Part of HuffPost Entertainment. All rights reserved. Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you. Simon Schuster Childrens Publishing. What has your reaction to the film been like? I would say. Why do you think that is? This interview has been edited and condensed for clarity. Calling all HuffPost superfans! Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost’s next chapter.

Join HuffPost. Katherine Brooks. Suggest a correction. Today is National Voter Registration Day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Ashish Dantu. Is this interesting? The joke starts well, but the formula gets repetitive. Madison Sellers. When Gru, the world’s most super-bad turned super-dad has been recruited by a team of officials to stop lethal muscle and a host of Gru’s own, He has to fight back with new gadgetry, cars, and more minion madness. Retrieved October 28, The first trailer was released on National Boss’ Day. Apr 2, Retrieved January 16, Use the HTML. Retrieved March 9, Tap to review this movie Review this monney. Jun 14, There are other amusing touches of wit — such as how the Boss Baby gives a virtual tour of Baby Corp by asking Babj to suck aggressively on a special pacifier or how the Boss Baby delivers himself to the Templetons by taxi and funk waddling up the doorstep or even Tim’s daily escapist adventures that turn dinner into a hunt through the Congo, daily baths into an undersea mission to save his parents from inside the jaws of a shark and his alarm clock maje a Gandalf wizard wannabe named Wizzy. The Boss Baby Dd release poster. All How much money did the boss baby make Feature Films Ranked.

Comments